Historically, Salesforce Professional Edition users do not have a great deal of experience using Salesforce automation tools to address their automation needs. So we thought it would be helpful to share the 15 - 20 most commonly requested Workflow Rules that our customers ask our support team to build for them.
FYI: These rules are possible because the Professional Edition customers are using "Workflow for Professional Edition" from the AppExchange, voted as one of the Top Salesforce Apps for Professional Edition
Available Workflow Actions with Workflow for Professional Edition
- Email Alerts- send an alert to a Lead, Contact, Related Contact, Users, Non User, and Role, or the Record Owner
- Create New Records – this Salesforce Trigger functionality enables you to create a record on current or a related object, including from Opportunity to Lead
- Field Updates – update any editable field on any standard to custom object
- Tasks – create a Salesforce Task for the Record Owner, Role or any User
What is the key to achieving maximum return on your Salesforce.com investment? Leveraging workflow automation with Salesforce Triggers and Salesforce Workflow
What is Workflow Automation?
It’s the conversion of time consuming manual tasks into consistent, systematic, automated processes.
- Example One: Instead of going through manual steps to create meeting follow-up and appointment reminders, a workflow can be created to automatically initiate reminders based on specific rules you’ve set. Rules such as “3 days before a Close Date”, or “1 day after or 1 hour before a Meeting Start Time” send a reminder to the Customer and/or to the Sales Rep.
- Example Two: Automatically create a new project record every time an Opportunity Type = “Service” and Opportunity Stage is set to “Closed/Won”, then create a “schedule Kick-off Meeting alert to the Project Manager.
- Example Three: Automatically change Lead Status to “Inactive” when Last Activity and Last Modified Dates = 30 days, and then send an Alert to the Rep or his/her Manager.